Pages

Wednesday 12 December 2012

glamour.de: Bill Kaulitz - Freedom is the most important thing to me.

Bill Kaulitz speaks in an interview with Ulrich Wickert about rebellion, his twin brother Tom and personal freedom.

Bill Kaulitz, for a long time didn't speak so openly about himself. In an interview in Berlin with Ulrich Wickert, the Tokio Hotel singer spoke about his personal values, the importance of his twin brother Tom an
d the search for his identity. "Up to the age of 6-7 years, Tom and I were dressed completely the same," says the 23 year old singer. "Later our interests became different. Tom was listening to a music completely different from mine, and we have grown in different directions. Probably also because we had previously always perceived as twins. We tried to create our own identity, and that has affected especially the way we look. We were very extreme in everything. He looked very extreme, I looked very extreme and we were totally noticed."

Bill Kaulitz and the hard way

Bill didn't want to do anything without his brother, even when the road to get to their identity wasn't so easy. "I have always chosen the more difficult path. I had my opinion, until I had the right, I wished well to others. When I think back to my past, I realize how hard it was. I could make everything easier. When people tell me "You can't come to school with made-up eyes" my eyes were more blacks on the day after." However, these experiences have helped Bill Kaulitz to continue to discover himself and go on his way. "Freedom is the most important thing for me. Yeah, when I was younger it was important to me. If you radiate a certain kind of freedom, love and hate are sometimes very close. I have a feeling that in fact everything goes in the right direction. I always knew that you can't please everyone. Eventually everything always takes you forward in some way."

Translation by: TOKIO HOTEL ROCKS MY WORLD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment