Pages

Tuesday 25 September 2012

RTL Punkt 12 - Interview - Bill & Tom @ DSDS 2013 - 24.09.2012 Full Video and Better Translation!!!!

(The video was deleted in Vimeo I'm really sorry but you can read the translation :P )



Translation:

Voice-over: Lights on for the new DSDS judges: Tokio Hotel brothers Bill and Tom Kaulitz have returned to our screens and are back in Germany where they have to comment on something right away.
Tom: Well, I think it’s a bit…

a bit nippy at the moment but apart from that…
Bill: Yeah, it’s obviously a bit of a cold shock and erm… However, we’re happy to be back in Germany again.
Voice-over: That’s because usually the twins are living in Los Angeles where they’re currently working on their forth studio album.
Bill: We’ve got a home studio, erm, yes, we’re also producing an awful lot ourselves and are, like, writing. And that’s why all of this now is also just a good and very welcome change.
Voice-over: What’s a change nowadays used to be an ongoing agenda for Bill and Tom seven years ago. They had their big breakthrough as Tokio Hotel with their first song “Durch den Monsun” in 2005.
*DdM video part*
Voice-over: Back then they were only just 16 years old. Their debut album “Schrei” sold 1.5 million copies. By the time they were 18 they were already millionaires and made fans’ hearts beat faster around the world. The guys polarise more than hardly any German band and not only because of their music but also with their performances and the ever-changing hairstyles and styles of singer Bill. And even today the 23-year old surprises with a new look for his head once again.
Bill: With me it always happens automatically and naturally. Yes, well… I was… I probably change more than other people but for me it just, like, comes with the territory.
Voice-over: However, for so much fashion-consciousness he also has to take a little joke from brother Tom every now and then.
Tom: *to interviewer* Maybe about my sunglasses because I especially stuck them here today. That was, like, my accessory for today and I actually thought it would also give me a new styling but… *Bill laughing*
Voice-over: In any case Tom keeps falling into joker mode time and again throughout our interview
Tom: Bottom line is that for me the urge to also just nurture young people musically became so strong that I said I’d do it for free. Bill got sh*tloads of money and erm, that’s the truth. *Bill laughing*
Voice-over: In return he also gets to sit next to the casting expert par excellence: Dieter Bohlen. He’s a DSDS judge for the 10th time. This time [he’s] part of an all male judging panel. However, there are not only three of them. There is another new judge at the desk. Culcha Candela singer Mateo. He formed the band Culcha Candela with two friends in 2001. In 2007 they released a truly catchy song with “Hamma!”
In the meantime Culcha Candela have released six albums and rocked over 900 concerts. Mateo says it fits the bill for his job as a judge.
Mateo: I think I can sense it when people absolutely want it. This kind of absolute will to entertain and for entertainment because that’s where I come from. I’m not an exceptionally gifted rapper, singer or dancer but my strongest talent is just that I work hard to achieve things and to entertain.
Well, I’m honest. I’ve also got it tattooed here *showing tattoo on both hands*: “100% real”… [It’s me with] all [my] rough edges, [and] all [my] quirks. I’m just the way I am.
Voice-over: However, even for Mateo it’s a highlight that he’s sitting with Dieter Bohlen at the DSDS desk now.
Mateo: To be honest, I’ve got tons of respect for him as, erm… yes, as a producer and, like, a maker. Because after all you have to get this far first and then also stay there and I think it’s super. Meaning, something like this motivates me.
Voice-over: Anticipation for Bohlen and curiosity about Tokio Hotel.
Mateo: To be honest, well, I’m curios about what hairstyle Bill has got at the moment.
Voice-over: After all one still remembers him with black hair like this. Mateo can get his own idea of his fellow judges at their first meeting today. Visually all four next to each other already make for an exciting judges mix.

Roberta Bieling (presenter): Well yes, we’ve said it before already: It’s the first work day for the new DSDS judging panel in Berlin today. Of course we’re there and now we go live to the boss himself, Dieter Bohlen.
Dieter, now there are four of you. What do you expect from this big judging panel?
Dieter Bohlen: Yes, I mean, I think with Tokio Hotel we also even have got some really big international stars with us for the first time. They, erm… Right now I can’t think of anyone else from Germany who also is just really successful internationally. Erm, then they’re also quite young, quite crazy, I think and in my eyes they’re also flamboyant, right? Well, based on that I’ll expect it to be very, very interesting for the audience and also [with having] Mateo from Culcha Candela. I think the combination is super good this time. We also don’t have a chick in our middle that only has to look good. Therefore, well, [having] four opinions, erm… certainly it’ll be working out well.
Roberta Bieling (presenter): [In] 10 years of DSDS, you’re the only one who has been a part of all [previous] seasons. So what’s the secret of its long-lasting success from your point of view?
Dieter: Oh well, I mean, we’re the only casting format that even generates Number Ones. Meaning, with all the other casting formats they [candidates] start driving taxi again after two weeks, right? To lead their existence. Erm, with us there’s 500.000 Thalers on the nail. Erm, I’d say those are all arguments speaking for DSDS. And, like mentioned before, [there is] this really immense success that the artists will have then. Though sometimes not for long but that’s not our fault. Erm, the artist has to be responsible for that themselves then, right? Well, every time I’m looking for something for the heart, for my eyes and something for the ears and every now and then I just get something for the [rubbish] bin. It can’t be helped, right?
Roberta Bieling (presenter): Hmhm, Dieter.
Many thanks and have fun!


Translation by http://tokiohotelstreetteam.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment